Problem import - PT4 has detected a large number of hand...

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Problem import - PT4 has detected a large number of hand...

Postby cervinax » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:59 am

Hi,

I have a problem since the new update.
Everytime I clic "Get hands while playing" the tracker starts to auto-import the hands, it takes about 5-10 min to properly work. The tracker starts importing 22k duplicates I think.
However everytime I stop the import the tracker I have this popup message "PT4 has detected a large number of hand history files..." (as attached), would you like to import them now ?
-> I have tried both yes and no, and does not change anything.
I have tried everything, and I am kind of desesperate : I have uninstaled the tracker, changed the direction ...

Are you able to help me please ?
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-03-29 at 10.54.31.png
(55.59 KiB) Downloaded 3406 times
cervinax
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:07 am

Re: Problem import - PT4 has detected a large number of hand

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:21 am

So we can find out what's causing that please press/hold the "Alt/Option" key while starting PokerTracker 4 to enable logging, reproduce the issue in your screenshot and then send this file to us in a Support Ticket:

\Users\{Mac Login}\Library\Application Support\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17069
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Problem import - PT4 has detected a large number of hand

Postby cervinax » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:27 am

I have done it.
I am unable to find it, you can see on the screenshot that I am in the library but there isn't any Pokertracker file.
What should i do ?
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-03-29 at 16.16.19.png
(184.5 KiB) Downloaded 3343 times
cervinax
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:07 am

Re: Problem import - PT4 has detected a large number of hand

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:36 pm

You should be able to access the 'Logs' folder with the log file by clicking 'File --> Open User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17069
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Problem import - PT4 has detected a large number of hand

Postby cervinax » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:44 pm

Thank you very much, indeed, much easier.
I have created a ticket #478619 with the log file attached.
Thank you for your help, keep you posted.
cervinax
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:07 am

Re: Problem import - PT4 has detected a large number of hand

Postby cervinax » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:04 am

Thank you for your quick support.
It seems to work perfectly.
Here is the answer :

Hello,

The way PokerTracker works is that it reads hand histories from your poker sites hand history directory, imports them and then archives them to a "Processed Files" folder. This ensures that the poker sites hand history directory only contains hand histories that you are currently playing. Otherwise, PokerTracker would need to read through every single hand history ever written which would take considerable amount of time and would not be fast enough to import and display your HUD.

The problem is that you have PokerStars hand history directory incorrectly configured so that it is importing the new hands from the poker site from your archived/Processed Files folder causing an infinite loop.

Please fix your PokerStars hand history directory so that it is correct and make sure that it is not a sub-directory of your Processed Files folder. In PokerTracker go to Configure -> Site & Import Options. Select PokerStars on the left-hand side and on the right hand side remove your existing configured directory (which is not correct) and click 'Auto Detect'. It should properly auto detect your PokerStars hand history directory so that it matches what is configured in PokerStars. That will resolve the issue.
cervinax
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:07 am

Re: Problem import - PT4 has detected a large number of hand

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:45 am

Pleased to hear it and thanks for update.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17069
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to PT4 for macOS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests