Limp and fold to shove

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Limp and fold to shove

Postby Joop59 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:29 pm

Hello!

I'm very new to creating new statistics and I'm having trouble with this certain stat. My goal is to count how many times a player has limped and then folded to a raise (all-in), out of how many times they limped and faced an all-in.

I have created the following collums:
(limp_fold_shove)
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'CF%' AND lookup_actions_f.action LIKE '', 1, 0])

and
(limp_face_shove)
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack, 1, 0])

And the statistic ended up being:

(limp_fold_shove / limp_face_shove_test) * 100

I'm pretty sure I did something wrong and I've messed around it a lot and couldn't find a solution. I'd be thankful to get any help!
Joop59
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:14 am

Re: Limp and fold to shove

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:43 am

Joop59 wrote:(limp_fold_shove)
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'CF%' AND lookup_actions_f.action LIKE '', 1, 0])

There is nothing here that says they faced an all-in and if they are folding preflop there is no need to test for the players flop actions. Also in multiway hands it's possible for the player to limp-call-fold so you might want to use:

Code: Select all
lookup_actions_p.action SIMILAR TO '(CF|CCF)'

Joop59 wrote:(limp_face_shove)
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack, 1, 0])

Using tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made isn't going to work as this player isn't making a preflop raise (unless they limp-raise). If the player faced a preflop all-in then you can use:

Code: Select all
tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_face_allin SIMILAR TO '(P|p)'
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17070
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Limp and fold to shove

Postby Joop59 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:19 pm

Thanks a lot! it is working now.
Joop59
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:14 am

Re: Limp and fold to shove

Postby Ren59100 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:57 am

Hi !
I am doing the same thing for heads-up and I notice that the stat is over 200%.

I try to do this :
cnt_hu_p_limp_fold
Code: Select all
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'CF' AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_players=2, 1, 0])


cnt_hu_p_facing_allin
Code: Select all
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_face_allin SIMILAR TO '(P|p)' AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_players=2, 1, 0])


And the summary gives this :
Preflop Limp Fold vs allin (HU)
Code: Select all
(cnt_hu_p_limp_fold / cnt_hu_p_facing_allin) * 100


What is it wrong for me ? :/

Thank you for helping
Ren59100
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:13 am

Re: Limp and fold to shove

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:10 pm

Ren59100 wrote:I am doing the same thing for heads-up and I notice that the stat is over 200%.

After adding new custom columns for use in custom statistics you should rebuild your custom database cache via 'Database -> Database Management -> Rebuild Cache -> Custom Cache Rebuild'.
Ren59100 wrote:cnt_hu_p_facing_allin
Code: Select all
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_face_allin SIMILAR TO '(P|p)' AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_players=2, 1, 0])

This column does not specify that the player limped so you will need to add tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17070
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Limp and fold to shove

Postby Ren59100 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:52 pm

I have already tried with this directive. Nothing has changed.
And I purged the cache as you mentioned to me.

cnt_hu_p_limp_facing_allin
Code: Select all
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_face_allin SIMILAR TO '(P|p)' AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_players=2, 1, 0])


Is it seem good ?

That gives me this many stats like 350... 300... 250... ( average field stat : 104.20 )
Ren59100
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:13 am

Re: Limp and fold to shove

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:19 pm

Ren59100 wrote:cnt_hu_p_limp_fold
Code: Select all
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'CF' AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_players=2, 1, 0])

I just noticed tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_face_allin SIMILAR TO '(P|p)' is missing from your first column. If you don't also use this here then the column will count all limp-folds even when there was no all-in which could give you results larger than 100% for the stat.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17070
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Limp and fold to shove

Postby Ren59100 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:47 pm

It works now !
Thank you so much for your reactivity :)
Ren59100
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:13 am


Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests