Scale HUD correctly when using windows font Scaling

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Scale HUD correctly when using windows font Scaling

Postby limed » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi,

I've got a Problem which is quite annoying. I own a display with a very high resolution and I'm trying to get PT4 working properly. I have set the Windows built-in font scaling to 150% to increase the size of the text. (see pic below)

[ img ]

Thats how the HUD looks like:

[ img ]

I know that I can reduce the size of the font that the HUD will fit properly, but as I play on a normal resolution monitor too, I don't want to change my HUD always when i switch my setup. So any plans on supporting hi-res displays?
limed
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Scale HUD correctly when using windows font Scaling

Postby kraada » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:16 pm

We do plan on supporting this. If you would like automated notification when support is ready for it, please create a support ticket and request to be linked to Bug #4914.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Scale HUD correctly when using windows font Scaling

Postby Tolp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:06 am

I also do own a high resolution monitor (4k) and it would be awesome, if this feature could be implented soon!

Another weird thing happens with some poker sites, when I use a different scaling than 100%: The HUD gets placed outside of the table window. I found a fix for it though: Right-click the application’s shortcut of the poker site and then click Properties. On the Compatibility tab, select Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings, and then click OK.
Tolp
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:03 am

Re: Scale HUD correctly when using windows font Scaling

Postby kraada » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:11 am

Please feel free to create a ticket and ask to be linked to the same bug. The developers do pay attention to how many tickets are attached to any given bug when they are setting their priorities, so it is a good thing to do for that reason as well.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Scale HUD correctly when using windows font Scaling

Postby Wolferl » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:56 pm

Is there already a solution for this problem? I think the pop-ups should be scaled (because their size is constant) and the main hud should not.
Can I use my old hud with a new 4k monitor? Basically I would like to know the answer before I decide to buy one.
Wolferl
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:52 pm

Re: Scale HUD correctly when using windows font Scaling

Postby kraada » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:29 am

That bug is still listed as open; if you'd like notification when it is closed, please create a ticket as well. The development team does see how many people are linked to specific bugs, so more people linked can affect the developers priorities.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Scale HUD correctly when using windows font Scaling

Postby Parket » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Does this bug have any priority ? We're almost a year later and this apparently is still a problem.
I recently also bought a high DPI laptop and while I mostly play with an external monitor at 100%, I learned about this problem as soon as I wanted to play in the couch. It's quite annoying and there isn't really a decent work-around. Asking people to play at 100% is just infeasible since working an those DPIs at 100% is almost impossible without sticking your nose to the display.
Anyway, I'll create a ticket with reference to this bug for now.
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Scale HUD correctly when using windows font Scaling

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:33 am

We don't comment publically on our priorities generally, but I know that the development team are well aware of this but that is isn't a simple change.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Scale HUD correctly when using windows font Scaling

Postby movemypeeps9 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:04 pm

BUMP
movemypeeps9
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: Scale HUD correctly when using windows font Scaling

Postby kraada » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:17 am

I have no update on this issue.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Next

Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest