Seals With Clubs support

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Seals With Clubs support

Postby kenaces » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:39 pm

i will buy PT4 tomorrow if you add SWC support!
kenaces
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: Seals With Clubs support

Postby 2eazy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Listen to the people ADD sealclub
2eazy
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Seals With Clubs support

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:04 am

Seals with Clubs is still pretty small. We're monitoring the situation, but currently unless they contact us to discuss adding support I think it's unlikely to happen until the site grows significantly (any legal issues aside).
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Seals With Clubs support

Postby inspectorgadget » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:55 am

Seriously guys, I've been using your software since like 2005. I want sealswithclubs support.

I am not understanding why poker tracker is tying the unknown 'future' of bitcoin into the matter. You guys currently provide support to sites engaged in clearly illegal activities in the United States.

Seals support is kind of a no brainer. You guys can continue to root for BitCoin to fail but please go ahead and provide support for a site that a large number of your user base is playing on. Clearly the US Government isn't going to shutdown bitcoin any time soon. Clearly more and more people are getting into bitcoin. Clearly it doesn't make any sense not to go ahead and accept bitcoin as payment for poker tracker on your site, even. And clearly, with all due respect, you're being rather silly when you suggest that Seals is in any way more shady than many of the sites you have provided support for in the past, and currently continue to provide support for.

Let's get real here.

Provide support.

Accept Bitcoin.

It's about to be 2014. You're supposed to be more savvy than this :).
inspectorgadget
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:27 am

Re: Seals With Clubs support

Postby kraada » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:41 am

Bitcoin's standing in the world has come a long way since those posts were written.

However, SWC's traffic has not. They're listed as the 43rd network on PokerScout. We simply don't add support for sites that are that small. If they move up the ranks considerably then that would be a different story.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Seals With Clubs support

Postby vbcodett » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Just posting to throw in my support for adding Seals support. I'm a long time poker pro that has played millions of hands on PokerStars. I now almost exclusively play on Seals, and most of my friends (all poker pros as well) play at least a significant percentage of their volume there. You might say that the traffic is not high, but the nature of the site/currency is such that at the moment a big percentage of the users are regulars... meaning people that buy poker software.

I know that PT loves to shoot itself in the foot, but maybe you should consider being first mover here. HEM2 seems to be open to the idea and I wouldn't be surprised if they roll out an update in the next 6 months. Just my opinion.

My money is here for you if you want it. You know what to do.
vbcodett
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: Seals With Clubs support

Postby StevenM » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:52 pm

vbcodett wrote:I know that PT loves to shoot itself in the foot, but maybe you should consider being first mover here. HEM2 seems to be open to the idea and I wouldn't be surprised if they roll out an update in the next 6 months. Just my opinion.

My money is here for you if you want it. You know what to do.


Actually, we typically are the first mover when it comes to supporting new sites, not sure why you think otherwise but the list of sites and features we supported first before our competitors is very long.

If there was a reputable major site that we already support which used bitcoin as the currency, we would certainly consider adding bitcoin tracking support as an option for that site - but to date there have been no credible existing networks that we already support that have taken this move. From what we have heard, HM2's position is similar to ours on this topic, neither company appears as if they intend to support SWC at this time and as kraada previously pointed out bitcoin is not the reason why - there are other reasons.
StevenM
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Seals With Clubs support

Postby PJs Ronin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Lot of one shot posters... anyone done an IP check?
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Seals With Clubs support

Postby inspectorgadget » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:17 am

Alright, cool. You should have stuck exclusively to making the point that the site was just too small. It just seemed like your perception with regards to the future efficacy of bitcoin was playing significantly into your decision here.

Now that you do admit bitcoins have come along way, I suggest you start accepting bitcoin as payment for PT4! There's zero risk from you guys' end.

Full Disclosure: I have a sizable investment in coins :). However, I am still a long term user of Poker Tracker. I believe I have owned every single copy. BitCoin is pretty cool and I think your accepting them as payment for your product would be awesome and not at all risky for you, since you can use a service to automatically convert the bitcoins to dollars upon receiving them. You will in fact save money over credit card fees or any other third party processing company I imagine.

I wasn't sent here to defend BitCoin though. I really do just want HuD support. I'm using this Free Poker DB right now and it's so incredibly buggy. I would very much prefer to use your product, which I own and currently haven't been able to use at all because i'm only playing on Bovada and SealsWithPoker. So you can see where my motivation is coming from.

Final Note:
I don't care about the stupid gaming licenses those other companies have had. I've had money stolen from iPoker skins that I thought were trustworthy. Didn't stop AP from liquidating and disappearing with thousands of my dollars. I have been through similar with other sites. The people that are running SWC have solid reputations in the poker community, which is worth a whole lot more to me than licenses from the Kahnawake Gaming Comission. Because bitcoins are used for payments, we are FAR less likely to have to worry about losing our money. It takes about six hours to withdrawal from SWC, while it takes WEEKs at best if not MONTHS from some US Facing sites. Bitcoin Protocol allows me to deposit money in the morning, start playing, withdrawal a significant amt and have it within six hours immediately. I can also keep a fraction of my bankroll on at a time, knowing I can INSTANTLY add more chips. That is serious security from the standpoint of a professional poker player that has been dealing with shady operations since 2004. I have lost an amount of money I don't like to think about to shady sites, and if they had all been using bitcoin the entire time I would have only lost a third of it at most, because I just would not have been keeping as much money online, period. AND I don't have to go through any crazy hoops to put money on the site. I just send to a bitcoin address and it's done. The fact alone that the site uses the bitcoin protocol as the means for deposit/withdrawal makes it fantastically more beneficial and seemingly secure than a "license" from a useless regulatory body that can't do a god damn thing to protect my funds, really.
inspectorgadget
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:27 am

Re: Seals With Clubs support

Postby StevenM » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

inspectorgadget wrote:Alright, cool. You should have stuck exclusively to making the point that the site was just too small. It just seemed like your perception with regards to the future efficacy of bitcoin was playing significantly into your decision here.


We have said the site was too small numerous times while also discussing our concerns with Bitcoin, two separate yet related topics, and you ignored the fact in my previous post we said we only support regulated and licensed sites which is an even bigger issue than the size of the site. Usually we don't disclose if a site qualifies or not, but since this thread has become so twisted its best to share that. As for the bitcoin and online gambling topic, it is our job to help inform players even if they don't wish to be informed; there are others who can learn from our guidance while reading this thread. Many players viewed (and still view) Bitcoin as a way to play online poker outside the reach of the law, but that is not true, and that was the other concern we have tried to express numerous times here - separately from the fact that SWC would not qualify for our support. At one point we received legal guidance from a Bitcoin legal expert that if online poker was illegal in a market, then playing online poker while using bitcoins as a currency may be even more illegal - but we have all since learned that the "more" part of that statement is really for the poker room, not the player, especially if the poker room is converting bitcoins to USD to play because they require a license from the Treasury to do that...

Now that you do admit bitcoins have come along way, I suggest you start accepting bitcoin as payment for PT4! There's zero risk from you guys' end.


IIRC you're the first person to ask this question in this thread; our business runs on USD, not bitcoin at this time, but its certainly something we will continue to look at - it has not ben ruled out.
StevenM
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests