Page 1 of 1

Uncached stats not working in HUD anymore?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:01 am
by athrac
Was this behavior changed at some point? I have some uncached custom stats and I'm pretty sure they were working like a year ago. Then I didn't use PT4 for a while and now after upgrading to latest version they're not working anymore. Just showing a '-' in the HUD. They work perfectly in reports though.

I even tried something trivial like creating a copy of the "Hands" stat and corresponding column, and marked the the column as not cached. Doesn't work, but as soon as I cache it and rebuild the cache it works. Also tried on a fresh database to no avail.

Re: Uncached stats not working in HUD anymore?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:13 am
by kraada
They should definitely be working. How large is your database? If your database is large that could be causing significant delays.

Re: Uncached stats not working in HUD anymore?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:43 am
by athrac
Okay I got it figured out. I looked at the log file like you suggested and found out that one of the uncached stats was failing because I had mistakenly checked "group by" on a column. Seems like it caused all the others to fail too because they're done in the same query.

Re: Uncached stats not working in HUD anymore?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:28 am
by kraada
Glad to hear you got it figured out, nice catch!

Re: Uncached stats not working in HUD anymore?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2025 8:27 am
by dave2085
Just as a recap, cause I had similar issues and it was resolved.

Couple of days ago I created a custom stat:

and i copied this stat into the colum editor:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise
and (lookup_actions_p.action = 'RC' or lookup_actions_p.action = 'C' or lookup_actions_p.action = 'CC')
and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_has_position
and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet
and char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 3
and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f = 2 and lookup_actions_f.action LIKE 'B_%'


like this. by accident i missed those:

Code: Select all
sum(if[

Code: Select all
, 1, 0])


This stat didnt work in my HUD. It just showed just "-" like a lot of other uncached stats.
I think cause of that, also other uncached stats suffered.

Just as a reminder/solution/bug report.

One last question:
Is it somehow possible to search in logfiles or in PT4 software for custom stats build in last couple days/weeks? So I dont have to check every stat I build in the past.

Re: Uncached stats not working in HUD anymore?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2025 1:01 pm
by Flag_Hippo
dave2085 wrote:One last question:
Is it somehow possible to search in logfiles or in PT4 software for custom stats build in last couple days/weeks? So I dont have to check every stat I build in the past.

That isn't logged - you will need to manually check your custom columns.