PT4 not responding when "stop getting hands"

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT4 not responding when "stop getting hands"

Postby Suzzezive » Thu Jul 24, 2025 12:18 pm

Hi!

For some reason when I opened my PT4 today I received this message: https://postimg.cc/hz6LB9Y0
But the traker then opened fine and seems to be ok.

The problem is the following: When I click "Stop Getting Hands" the traker crash, in a traslucent way I see "Not responding" in it, and the only way I have to restart is to force windows to close it and then, restart it.

I can´t understand why it´s happening, I´m with de v4.18.6 since March (the month when I stop paying the maintanance) but in this version should work properly.

My BBDD is about 8GB, so I create a new one and setted as Default AND Active, but the problem persist when I click on "Stop Getting Hands".

Thanks in advance.
Suzzezive
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Re: PT4 not responding when "stop getting hands"

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jul 25, 2025 6:52 am

If you don't have a large database then go to 'Database -> Database Management'. Click the 'Housekeeping' button and run the following in this order:

1. Tune PostgreSQL (this only needs to be completed once ever. If this step fails, you can safely skip to step #2)
2. Reindex
3. Cluster
4. Vacuum/Analyze

After the housekeeping is complete rebuild the database cache via 'Rebuild Cache -> Full Cache Rebuild'.

If that doesn't resolve the problem please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce this issue, grab your log file BEFORE you start PokerTracker 4 again and attach that file to a Support Ticket where a technician can follow up with you:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log

To access the log file open File Explorer in Windows and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\PokerTracker 4\Logs

The file we need will be the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17072
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests