Spin : starting stack - 10bb and 25bb

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Spin : starting stack - 10bb and 25bb

Postby UpL0aD » Fri Jun 06, 2025 2:33 pm

Hello,
How can I differentiate between spins played with a 10bb starting stack and a 25bb starting stack?
What filter, or something else, should I choose, please?
Thanks in advance.
UpL0aD
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:59 am

Re: Spin : starting stack - 10bb and 25bb

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jun 07, 2025 6:55 am

There isn't a built-in filter you can use for starting stack. If the tournaments are detected as different speeds in PokerTracker 4 then you can filter by that. If the starting stacks in chips are different then you can use the custom filter mentioned here to filter on the total chips on the table. If there is something unique in the text of the hand histories between the two tournaments you can use the method detailed in this thread.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17077
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Spin : starting stack - 10bb and 25bb

Postby kamikazzzz » Fri Jun 20, 2025 11:00 am

Hello,

Your first idea was smart to detect through speed but unfortunately both "normal" and nitro is the same speed, the only thing that differs is the starting stack
I tried to implement a custom stats based on what you linked but my problem is that I can't find "amt_before" in the columns, I saw that the thread that you were referring to was from 2016.-
I saw also that there is already a column named "live_amt_stack" that we could use from the live_tourney_player table, but I did not succeed to implement it.
I guess that the easiest way is to have a column for the starting stack or total stack for the tourney.

That will help spin players alot to have this filter because they could be able to see their real Chips EV

What are the possible solutions?

Thanks in advance,
kamikazzzz
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2025 1:19 pm

Re: Spin : starting stack - 10bb and 25bb

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jun 20, 2025 1:58 pm

kamikazzzz wrote:I tried to implement a custom stats based on what you linked but my problem is that I can't find "amt_before" in the columns, I saw that the thread that you were referring to was from 2016.

The expression in that thread is for use in a filter for custom reports. Also amt_before is the stack of each player at the start of each hand. Unfortunately I am not aware of a method to create custom statistics based on the tournament starting stack.
kamikazzzz wrote:I saw also that there is already a column named "live_amt_stack" that we could use from the live_tourney_player table, but I did not succeed to implement it.

The live table only has data from the last 10 hands and it is not stored in the database so cannot be used for this purpose either.
kamikazzzz wrote:I guess that the easiest way is to have a column for the starting stack.

The information needed for that hasn't been added to the database schema. If you want to be notified if starting stack information is added to the database schema in a future update then you can let us know via a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17077
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Spin : starting stack - 10bb and 25bb

Postby kamikazzzz » Thu Jun 26, 2025 10:28 am

Ok thanks for your answer

I found a temporary solution with 2 databases 1 nitro and 1 normal, with a python program that sort my games with only "nitro" or "normal"
kamikazzzz
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2025 1:19 pm


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests