Active Player Position

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Active Player Position

Postby FUBAR E. NEUMANN » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:32 am

When I make it EXACTLY

0 -> BU
9 -> SB
8 -> BB
7 -> null set
6 -> UTG
5 -> UTG, UTG+1
4 -> UTG, UTG+1, MP
3 -> UTG, UTG+1, MP, MP+1
2 -> UTG, MP, MP+1, MP+2
1 -> CO

:?:
FUBAR E. NEUMANN
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Active Player Position

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:07 am

Seat 7 exists and is UTG when playing 10-handed. See this table for how positions are recorded in PokerTracker 4 for each table size.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17075
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Active Player Position

Postby FUBAR E. NEUMANN » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:31 pm

So 5 thru 2 give me multiple seats. I can't isolate each seat?
FUBAR E. NEUMANN
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Active Player Position

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:29 am

The seat numbers are all separate but, for example, when you're 9 handed data from the first two hands are treated as EP and the next three are treated as MP - so data from those positions are combined into the one EP and one MP columns you'll see in the HUD. If you want to review your full ring stats for each seat in a PokerTracker 4 report then select the 'Summary' report in the 'Statistics' section and 'Group By: Position (Full Ring). There are also some full ring statistics in the Download Warehouse.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17075
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Active Player Position

Postby Suzzezive » Tue Mar 25, 2025 7:36 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:The seat numbers are all separate but, for example, when you're 9 handed data from the first two hands are treated as EP and the next three are treated as MP - so data from those positions are combined into the one EP and one MP columns you'll see in the HUD. If you want to review your full ring stats for each seat in a PokerTracker 4 report then select the 'Summary' report in the 'Statistics' section and 'Group By: Position (Full Ring). There are also some full ring statistics in the Download Warehouse.


Hi! I´m trying to create some filters for SRP - UTG vs BB, MP vs BB, CO vs BB, etc, and I´m really going crazy with this.

Can you please help me to solve just ONE filter in order to could see the exactly filters I have to create?

Because all the way I´ve tried (I checked the links in this thread but I´m still full of doubts) I getted wrong spots.

For example, I created:

[Players Dealt into hand between 5 and 10]

[(Players dealt into hand between 5 and 10) AND (Players seeing flop between 2 and 2)]

[Position of Active Player Position of selected exactly 3]

With this filter I getted LJ position (6 max) in every LJ spot (no matter if I openfold) and Villain flat or raise in ANY of the ohter position.

I just want to learn how to see the spots ONLY vs BB, and in the same way I would like to know how to see this spots in 2 scenarios: With ALL my hands (hands I made an OpeRaise or and Openfold) and spots with ONLY I made an OpenRaise.

Thanks in adavance, I´ve been 4 days trying to learn how to create this filters by myself but I need your help.
Suzzezive
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Re: Active Player Position

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Mar 25, 2025 8:29 am

Suzzezive wrote:I just want to learn how to see the spots ONLY vs BB, and in the same way I would like to know how to see this spots in 2 scenarios: With ALL my hands (hands I made an OpeRaise or and Openfold) and spots with ONLY I made an OpenRaise.

There isn't a built-in filter you can use for the position of callers but you can do this in a custom report with an expression filter like this:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '83' and cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '38'

This will filter for any hand where position 3 open raised and the BB called. You can use this expression filter by clicking on the 'Filters' link and selecting 'Add New Expression Filters' (substitute 'cash' with 'tourney' if you are in a tournament report). This post has more information on how the actors and aggressors strings work if you want to filter for different situations. If you want to add a filter for your own position you can do that with the built-in filter.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17075
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Active Player Position

Postby Suzzezive » Tue Mar 25, 2025 11:47 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:
Suzzezive wrote:I just want to learn how to see the spots ONLY vs BB, and in the same way I would like to know how to see this spots in 2 scenarios: With ALL my hands (hands I made an OpeRaise or and Openfold) and spots with ONLY I made an OpenRaise.

There isn't a built-in filter you can use for the position of callers but you can do this in a custom report with an expression filter like this:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '83' and cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '38'

This will filter for any hand where position 3 open raised and the BB called. You can use this expression filter by clicking on the 'Filters' link and selecting 'Add New Expression Filters' (substitute 'cash' with 'tourney' if you are in a tournament report). This post has more information on how the actors and aggressors strings work if you want to filter for different situations. If you want to add a filter for your own position you can do that with the built-in filter.


Thanks Hippo!

Is it for MTT? I don´t play cash!

Another thinkg, is it the code to create a stat or a filter?
Suzzezive
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Re: Active Player Position

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Mar 25, 2025 12:36 pm

Suzzezive wrote:Is it for MTT? I don´t play cash!

I covered what to do for tournaments in my original reply.
Suzzezive wrote:Another thinkg, is it the code to create a stat or a filter?

It's a filter but this code can also be used as part of a column expression for a custom statistic.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17075
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Active Player Position

Postby Suzzezive » Wed Mar 26, 2025 6:15 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:
Suzzezive wrote:Is it for MTT? I don´t play cash!

I covered what to do for tournaments in my original reply.
Suzzezive wrote:Another thinkg, is it the code to create a stat or a filter?

It's a filter but this code can also be used as part of a column expression for a custom statistic.


Thanks again Hippo! U´re like the holy spirit!

Do you have some link/guideline to learn "how to create" stats or custom filters?

I know some things, but others are difficult to me to understand, so if you can let me some guides to clear myself in these theme I would thank you very much.
Suzzezive
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Re: Active Player Position

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Mar 26, 2025 10:32 am

tThis guide covers the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide goes into more detail. While the latter was written for PokerTracker 3 and the user interface is different the techniques still apply to PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17075
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests