Page 1 of 1

Poker Tracker doesn't start anymore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:44 pm
by Ragnarok_1er
Hello!
First of all I want to say that I don't blame poker tracker for what's happening, I know I made a lot of mistakes, and I just want to know if there's anything I can do or if I will have to format my computer. Here's the story : I heard about Poker Tracker from a friend so I downloaded Poker Tracker 3 to try it. Unfortunately I play on Winamax (Pokerroom - Ongame) which isn't supported yet by PT3. So I downloaded Poker Tracker 2.16.

I installed it and started it, all worked fine and I had 2 messages, one about the regional settings, and another about being warned if new versions are coming out.

I then downloaded the 2.1701g patch and installed it while PT2 was still running (1st mistake).

Then I tried to import some hands, but it didn't work. I searched some help on forums, and discovered that I needed the SGLite ODBC for the import to work. The friend who told me about Poker Tracker gave me the driver installer, and advised me to desinstall everything, install the driver and then reinstall everything.

And that's where I made my 2nd mistake : I uninstalled Poker Tracker while the program was still running. All files weren't erased, and by the time I understood what happened, the uninstallation was over. So I had to suppress the Poker Tracker V2 file manually (3rd mistake?).

After that I installed the ODBC driver (no problem) and reinstalled Poker Tracker 2.16, but now the program won't start, and that's where I am.

All I have when I start the program is this :

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6237/ptrackertg9.jpg

And nothing ever happens on screen...
I tried to uninstall-reinstall everything, in any order, but it won't work. Is there a solution to my problem, or will I have to format (I guess it will work then, given that the program worked the first time I installed it). Thanks for your help.

Re: Poker Tracker doesn't start anymore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:06 pm
by ptrack pat
What email did you use to purchase PT? I don't have a record of this one you used for the forum.

Re: Poker Tracker doesn't start anymore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:37 pm
by Ragnarok_1er
I didn't purchase it, I thought there was a 30 days trial of some sort (at least that's what I thought I read when I first started the software)

(And even if I did purchase it now, I wouldn't be able to register since it won't even start)

Edit : Now that I think about it, I guess since I didn't pay for PT, I'm not allowed to ask for any kind of support... But I can't say I'm really encouraged to buy the license for a software that won't start on my computer :P

Re: Poker Tracker doesn't start anymore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:54 pm
by ptrack pat

Re: Poker Tracker doesn't start anymore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:56 pm
by Ragnarok_1er
Thank you for the link and the fast answers, I will get back to you once I complete the instructions. :)

Re: Poker Tracker doesn't start anymore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:22 pm
by Ragnarok_1er
Thanks a lot, it was indeed the language problem, everything works fine now, and I was able to import 260 hands from today. The program seems very rich, I think i'll purchase it. Thanks for your help.