when is UB next fix coming?

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

when is UB next fix coming?

Postby HipHop » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:50 am

Hi,

It's been nearly a month since 1.19.10 came out. This version doesn't work very well at all as I'm sure you noticed on other posts. I try to be the patient customer giving you guys plenty of time to get things sorted out. Now it's getting a little long between updates.

Poker Ace problems that persist (on Cerius- UB)

1. (most important) PokerAce interferes with button selection. This has been mentioned (described a couple of different ways) in other posts. My take on the problem is that PokerAce keeps jumping to the top window repeatedly as it updates the heads up display. This prevents selection of the poker action buttons below (which is really the number one priority among the three softwares running). I've played with process priority in program manager (UB to realtime and PT and PA to low), hoped it would help but it didn't. This problem can interfere with typing in the chat (not important) or typing in player notes (important). Symptoms persist even with PT off, it's definitely PA. This is the killer right now with this version. I've even timed out on bets on occasion due to this. Worse yet I find it negatively impacts my game when I'm paying more attention to getting my bets in rather than to the other players. Turing off Poker Ace solves the problem but then I begin to miss the important data that's missing.

2.a) There needs to be a layout manager for UB included in the next fix. I've positioned the stats where I'd like them on the table. But because this is still an Absolute table (which I dislike) the player names are in different positions during play. This makes it difficult to bring up detailed stats for a player when required.

2.b) Worse yet, the center player (me!) stats often pop up while attempting to call or bet. Combined with the problem above PA is making good play at UB almost impossible.

I hope that you folks will be able to fix these issues sooner rather than later. (and yes, before you ask I did just suffer a big loss tonight and yes I do blame poker ace partially for putting my game off ;-)

Thanks in advance.
HipHop
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:26 am

Re: when is UB next fix coming?

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:05 am

I'm afraid I don't know when the next version will be out, but the development team are aware of these issues.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: when is UB next fix coming?

Postby HipHop » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:44 am

WhiteRider wrote:I'm afraid I don't know when the next version will be out, but the development team are aware of these issues.


OK, thanks for the response. Any advise on how to best run with our current setup? I've been trying lots of things but nothing seems to be helping. I even tried two gametime windows today (how far we've come). As I said above, I've played with the process priority but that didn't seem to help. Tonight I tried turning off the timer on poker tracker and just importing hands when I'd folded all four tables (seemed better at first but then later Poker Ace just bogged down again preventing poker table selections). I eventually gave up on that and turned off Poker Ace altogether.

Any advice or tips that might make this run at least a little smoother would be appreciated while we wait for a programming fix.

Thanks again

Hip Hop
HipHop
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:26 am

Re: when is UB next fix coming?

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:19 pm

There is a free 60 day trial version of PT3 which supports Cereus too, and doesn't have this problem.
Download page. You will need to get Beta 23 for Cereus support.

Please check out our Quick Start Guide and the rest of the Documentation.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: when is UB next fix coming?

Postby HipHop » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:45 am

Not looking to buy new software at this time as I own PT and PA both (although PT3 does look nice). The 60 day trial is tempting but I am concerned that it's a one way street with my database (which is what has the most value to me right now). I'd hate to use PT3 for a couple of months only to find out that I can't convert my database back to PT2 when Poker Ace is fixed.

I've decided to use an older free software temporarily. Not nearly as nice as PA and I miss the heck out of peeking at mucked hole cards. Took some doing to to get it to work with postgreSQL (I even ended up translating a french web page to find a work around) but it's working now. Dragging all of the HUD windows to their correct positions is time consuming (I'm remembering why I bought PA in the first place).

Thanks again for your help.

Hoping for a fix soon,

HipHop
HipHop
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:26 am

Re: when is UB next fix coming?

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:20 am

PT3 uses completely separate databases from PT2 so you will not damage your PT2 set up at all - they are completely independent.
You can import your hands from PT2 to PT3 by using 'Export Hand Histories to File' from PT2 then Manual Import into PT3.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: when is UB next fix coming?

Postby HipHop » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:10 pm

"Just when I though I was out. They pulled me back in!"

Sounds good. I'll give it a try.

Hip Hop
HipHop
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:26 am

Re: when is UB next fix coming?

Postby djfl » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:52 am

I sure wish I could. I pretty much only play omaha, and we plo'ers are out of luck.
djfl
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:03 pm

Re: when is UB next fix coming?

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:25 am

djfl wrote:I sure wish I could. I pretty much only play omaha, and we plo'ers are out of luck.

Ah, yes - OK.
As I said, the development team are aware of the issues, but I'm afraid I don't know when the next version will be released.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest