game statistics for all opponents in the game

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

game statistics for all opponents in the game

Postby fractalzen » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:41 am

Hi,
I'm looking for a way to get opponent's statistics for a given limit. For example in 6 max limit for 1/2 I would like to know what percentage of the time the person under the gun folds calls and raises. Or if I raise first in in 6 max what percent of the time will the person in the next position fold call and raise. And so forth.
I've tried different ways of using the filters to extrapolate that information, but nothing I can find really works.

Thanks for your help,

Will
fractalzen
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: game statistics for all opponents in the game

Postby kraada » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:06 am

You'll want to do this as a custom report.

Create your custom report in the Player Statistics section. Add the stat you want to see and set any filters you want in the Filters section (e.g. set your filter by limit and position), then add the statistics you want to see to the report. Make sure "Filter on Active Player" is unchecked and run your report. It will average over all players in that situation in the database.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: game statistics for all opponents in the game

Postby fractalzen » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Hello,
Sorry but I still don't seem to be getting it. Here's a specific example:

A player is playing 1/2 6 max hold'em. If he raises first in from under the gun. a. What is the average number of players seeing the flop? b. What is the size of the average pot preflop?

I set the filters for 1/2 6 max AND position = 3, then I choose section "Hold'em Cash Player Statistics," and also uncheck "Filter on Active Player." Then I'm stumped, it seems like I need a conditional IF...THEN....but I'm not sure exactly how to do that.

thanks again
fractalzen
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: game statistics for all opponents in the game

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:51 am

The sort of stats you want to see (a. What is the average number of players seeing the flop? b. What is the size of the average pot preflop?) aren't related to a single player and don't exist by default, so you'll need to build them.

We can do (a) pretty easily.
You'll need a new column like this:

cnt_f_players_to_flop =
sum( holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players_f )
Summary Type=Average

Then a new stat to display it, with Value Expression =
cnt_f_players_to_flop / cnt_hands

(See the Tutorial: Custom Reports and Statistics for how to build a stat from these expressions.)

We can't build (b) in the same way, though, because we can't access the pot size at the flop when looking at a hand from a single player's point of view. You can get close by multiplying the number of players seeing the flop by the amount the player bet preflop when they saw the flop, but you'll miss some money and some situations. You'll miss money from anyone who called and then folded preflop (including the blinds) and hands where the open-raiser folded to a re-raise.

I think we can calculate this more accurately if we get somewhat more complex, though. If we use a custom filter instead of a simple filter we can include information from everyone in the hand where UTG raised. Again we need custom stats, but I've built them and a report using them. The new stats in this report will only work correctly for this kind of report, so don't try to use them elsewhere.

Extract the following file from the .zip, click Import on the Cash > Reports tab and select the extracted file.

HCPS - 6m UTG Raise Averages.zip
Extract the report from the .zip and import it to the Reports tab.
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest