How can I import my cashgame filters to a new database

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

How can I import my cashgame filters to a new database

Postby shahrad » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:38 am

Everytime I create a new database the cashgame filters are blank. Do I have to create them again for each new database?
shahrad
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: How can I import my cashgame filters to a new database

Postby kraada » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:05 am

No, if you back up just "Aggregated Filters" from the File --> Backup section, and then restore it once you've created all of your databases, your filters will be restored into the new database.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: How can I import my cashgame filters to a new database

Postby FilS2BotS » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:30 pm

J
FilS2BotS
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:20 am

Re: How can I import my cashgame filters to a new database

Postby FilS2BotS » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:32 pm

Just to understant better... What is the point to create a new Database...? For what?
FilS2BotS
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:20 am

Re: How can I import my cashgame filters to a new database

Postby kraada » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Some people like that to help them manage their data better. Personally, it's not something that I do, but we provide the ability to do so just in case it is useful for some people in their unique situations.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: How can I import my cashgame filters to a new database

Postby shahrad » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:52 am

Kraada! It doesn't work for me. It asks me if it should merge the aggregated filters into active database and I chose yes, but the filtes are not merged.
shahrad
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: How can I import my cashgame filters to a new database

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:26 am

You should be working fine – I just retested it in v3.07.7.

Did you take the database which already has the filter that you want to save when you made the backup?
Did you also untick the "Backup Databases" option will take the "Aggregated Filters" option?

Please attach your backup file to a Support ticket so that we can investigate.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: How can I import my cashgame filters to a new database

Postby shahrad » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:00 am

id 10051 and yes I unticked the backup database (I didn't want to backup any database). Would you please tell me what you have ticked exactly when making the backup and what you have exactly ticked when restoring (I guess I have tried everthing, but the filters remain how they have been before, I did also try it with an empty filter but still no success)
shahrad
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: How can I import my cashgame filters to a new database

Postby kraada » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:54 am

Aggregated Filters should be the only one you need. If it's not importing the filters when you restore that (and tell it to merge them), create that ticket and attach the backup file to it so that we can investigate further for you.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: How can I import my cashgame filters to a new database

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:39 am

You should have exactly 2 options ticked in the backup window.
1. The database where the named filters are now, on the left hand side.
2. The "Aggregated Filters" option under Optional Files.
Make sure you see ticks in both of those boxes and no others.

Just to confirm - you are talking about filters that you have given a Description and saved by clicking "Save Filter"?
Filters which are just applied (i.e. in use) won't be transfered using this method, only those which you can access by selecting them from the "Existing" list in the Filters window.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest