Pot-size flop/turn/river before any betting

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Pot-size flop/turn/river before any betting

Postby Olaf72 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:00 am

I need the size of pot for each street before any betting starts.

How do i get this. I just can find the final pot-size.

Greets
Olaf
Olaf72
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:29 am

Re: Pot-size flop/turn/river before any betting

Postby kraada » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:55 am

That information is not stored directly in the database.

It can be retrieved if there is a bet made on the street in question using the val_x_bet_made_pct (or val_x_bet_facing_pct) database fields, but reconstructing the pot on the flop that way is extremely complex.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Pot-size flop/turn/river before any betting

Postby Darvini » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Im trying to make an opportunity column for those cases on the flop when player has enough money to make over 25 bb bet that is over 75% of the pot. Like this:

sum(if[ ((holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_before - holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_p) / (holdem_limit.amt_bb)) > 25 and ((holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_before - holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_p) / (holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_p * holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players_f)) > 0.75, 1, 0])

But I get an error message. The problem seems to be holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_p as a denominator. Is there a way around this? I was trying to calculate the crude amount of pot before flop action with (holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_p * holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players_f). It wouldnt be exact but workable.
Darvini
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: Pot-size flop/turn/river before any betting

Postby kraada » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 pm

That validates for me, where are you getting that error message?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Pot-size flop/turn/river before any betting

Postby Darvini » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:50 pm

I got the error message on the report results.

I think it was a case of dividing with zero. Because when I put saw flop at the beginning the error went away. The pot on the flop should be at least (holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_p * holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players_f) right? It will be more because of blinds and folded bets and raises and occasional all ins. But would an preflop all in player count as flop player? Is so it could in those cases be less then the actual pot.

My main goal is to build a practical All-in stat for each street. Those cases when the amount is considerable. Not sure about all the criteria yet but as you can see it would have to be at least 25 bb and 75% of the pot (or along those lines). I would also like to include those situations where player puts the rest players all in with a big enough bet or raise without actually going all in himself or puts like over 90% of his stack in. Not figured it all out yet so if you have any ideas or opinions on the matter I would be delighted to hear them. Whether ot nor its just about is this really worth building at all though I think ill give it a go anyway.
Darvini
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: Pot-size flop/turn/river before any betting

Postby kraada » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Try throwing on a filter for having seen the flop and see if that helps.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests