Page 1 of 1

Need Help

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:44 pm
by Willis1984
I made a dumb mistake by uninstalling PostgreSQL after installing PT3 because it wasn't working properly. Now that I try to reinstall PostgreSQL it says a there is already a user and I cannot continue. How do I go about fixing this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Need Help

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:12 pm
by prajna
There are several things you can try to do here. Reboot your computer first, and try again. Also, go to start -> run... and type \Program Files. Find the folder that says postgresql, right click -> delete. Then try to reinstall. If this doesn't work, then reboot in safe mode and try to install from there. You can learn how to reboot in safe mode by reading this tutorial below:

Safe mode tutorial

~ Thomas
[Pokertracker support]

Re: Need Help

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:28 pm
by Willis1984
I was able to reinstall PostgreSQL. I would like to convert my PT2 database to PostgresSQL but I cannot complete my settings because there is no option under ODBC Entry to Use. Why is there nothing showing up in that scroll bar?

Re: Need Help

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:00 am
by WhiteRider
Additional steps are needed to use 8.3 with PT2.
It is possible to use PT2 with postgres 8.3