I can`t create a Postgres Databas

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

I can`t create a Postgres Databas

Postby Rikerslash » Mon May 12, 2008 12:58 pm

"Unable to create PostgreSQL database: PokrerStars Nl50
Reason: Unable to execute query: -- " This comes if i try to create a Database, when starting PT3. What shall i do?
Rikerslash
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:34 am

Re: I can`t create a Postgres Databas

Postby APerfect10 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:50 pm

Go Start->Programs->PostgreSQL->Start Service

Does that resolve the issue? If not, hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE to open your Task Manager. Under the Processes tab, do you see any processes named 'postgres.exe'?

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: I can`t create a Postgres Databas

Postby Rikerslash » Tue May 13, 2008 12:26 pm

Didn`t solve. I see 4 Tasks called postgres.exe. I also use postgres 8.0 atm. Should i deinstall it and install 8.3?
Rikerslash
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:34 am

Re: I can`t create a Postgres Databas

Postby APerfect10 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:14 am

Rikerslash wrote:Didn`t solve. I see 4 Tasks called postgres.exe. I also use postgres 8.0 atm. Should i deinstall it and install 8.3?


I would recommend upgrading to 8.3.1 simply for the improvements in performance. I do not think it will resolve your issue though.

Are you using the correct username/password for PostgreSQL?

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest