error: unable to connect to this database

Posted:
Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:23 am
by asandmanvertigo
Hello, I just installed PT3, and I am unable to open the program.
I already have Holdem manager installed on my computer so I already have PostgreSQL on my computer, when I tried to open PT3, this screen never shows up:
http://na3.pokertracker.com/images/docs ... lation.pngI am only shown this screen:
http://na4.pokertracker.com/images/docs ... Server.pngAnd when I press connect, it gives me an error saying "unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration."
So far I have not been able to open PT3 due to this problem.
Please Advise.
Regards
Re: error: unable to connect to this database

Posted:
Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:19 am
by WhiteRider
Try using "postgrespass" as the password (no quotes).
Re: error: unable to connect to this database

Posted:
Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:49 pm
by omahakid
I had the same problem and using this as the password did not work. Please advise further.
Re: error: unable to connect to this database

Posted:
Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:50 am
by WhiteRider
Do you also have HEM installed - that is their PostgreSQL password so if you don't then it won't help.
Did you install PostgreSQL through PT3 or manually?
The default [PT3 PostgreSQL] password is dbpass.
If that doesn't work, you can remove the need for PostgreSQL passwords:
How To: Remove PostgreSQL Password
Re: error: unable to connect to this database

Posted:
Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:43 am
by kidcoyote
Hi, I cannot connect either. The error I get is "cannot connect without the Postgres database installed". The fix re the password is not accurate in that the file is not in any of the folders. Have downloaded, and uninstalled 4 times. Any help? dbass is the default password, tried postgrespass. Sent 3 emails to support. Have used 3 days of the trial and no answers yet.
In uninstalling, I also deleted postgres folder. Upon reinstalling poker tracker, there is no postgres file. Probably shouldn't have done that, but fixes mentioned re the password were not accurate. I couldn't find the file under the password fix which is recommended.
Re: error: unable to connect to this database

Posted:
Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:07 am
by kraada
You will need to reinstall PostgreSQL - PT3 will not work without PostgreSQL installed. For a detailed guide on how to reinstall, please see our
documentation page.