PostgreSQL wont install

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

PostgreSQL wont install

Postby BradG » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:35 pm

Hi, I downloaded PT3 Beta 7 and when it asked if I wanted PT to install PostgreSQL I said yes..it got just over half way through and then popped up this message.....

Failed to run initdb:1!
Please see the log file in C/Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\tmp\initdb.log'.
Note! You must read/copy this logfile before you click OK,
or it will be automatically removed.

I have looked for the log file..read it and couldnt make heads or tails of it and wouldnt know what to do if I copied it...when I hit the OK button the whole install reverses itself and uninstalls off the computer.

Can anyone help please

Regards
Brad.
BradG
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:24 am

Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Postby BradG » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:49 pm

BTW I have Vista Home Premium and had PT3 Beta 6 working ok...had to re install windows and now get this problem with Beta 7

Regards again
Brad
BradG
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:24 am

Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Postby APerfect10 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Please read the sticky at the top of this forum.

[url=http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=790&start=0yrb]Attn: Vista Users Installing PostgreSQL 8.3[/urlyrb]

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Postby BradG » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:48 am

Thanks for directing me to the Sticky note Derek. I tried to install it but to be honest I had no idea how to merge PT3 into PostgresSQL. Any chance of some more indepth instructions or did I miss some somewhere?

Regards

Brad
BradG
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:24 am

Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Postby APerfect10 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:14 am

Were you able to get PostgreSQL installed manually? Once you install PostgreSQL, you simply enter your username & password that you created during the Postgres installation into the PokerTracker 3 connection wizard...

If PostgreSQL did not install successfully, what was the error message?

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Postby BradG » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:16 pm

I eventually got it working but ended up with 8.2 AND 8.3 installed lol. Got no idea what I did but its working. Hopefully it will be an easier install by the time the next Beta comes out. Thanks again for your help

Regards

Brad
BradG
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:24 am

Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Postby APerfect10 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:44 pm

BradG wrote:I eventually got it working but ended up with 8.2 AND 8.3 installed lol. Got no idea what I did but its working. Hopefully it will be an easier install by the time the next Beta comes out. Thanks again for your help

Regards

Brad


Now that PostgreSQL is installed there is no need to reinstall so upgrades should be very simply. Simply download and install the PokerTracker file without PostgreSQL then install over-top of your existing installation :)

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Postby BradG » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:41 am

Hi..me again..I forgot to ask..is it ok to unistall PostgreSQL 8.3 now?
BradG
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:24 am

Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Postby APerfect10 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:25 pm

It depends if you are using the 8.3 or 8.2 version. If you are sure that you are using PostgreSQL 8.2.x then you can uninstall 8.3.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: PostgreSQL wont install

Postby BradG » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:31 pm

I got no idea what one PT is using...how can I find out please?
BradG
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:24 am

Next

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests