HH transfer from a dying computer

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

HH transfer from a dying computer

Postby kennycalhoo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:20 pm

Hello-
How do I go about transferring hand histories (2 years worth) from one computer to another. To add to the complications, I'm going from a Mac to a PC, and from PT3 to PT4. Added complication? I'm an idiot.
kennycalhoo
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: HH transfer from a dying computer

Postby kraada » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:40 pm

The easiest thing to do is to use our backup system to make a backup of your database. You can access this via File -> Backup. Take the resulting zip file to your new machine. Restore it in PT3. Then use the PT3 -> PT4 conversion utility in PT4.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: HH transfer from a dying computer

Postby kennycalhoo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:15 pm

I've tried that, but for some reason, it keeps telling me its importing 0 hands on 1 file. I must be doing something incorrectly, obviously. I'll try again later this afternoon once I'm done playing. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Is there a particular location where it says "PT3 conversion?"
kennycalhoo
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: HH transfer from a dying computer

Postby kraada » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:43 pm

You don't try to import from the file, you restore it from File -> Restore in PT3. Then in PT4 click Tools -> Setup Assistant and click the Convert PokerTracker 3 Database and it'll prompt you to convert the database.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: HH transfer from a dying computer

Postby kennycalhoo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:33 pm

Kraada-
As always, your help is immensely appreciated. For some reason, the first time I tried the file backup, it didn't do it properly.

I'm sure you don't hear it enough, but thank you for all that you do.

M
kennycalhoo
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: HH transfer from a dying computer

Postby kraada » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:19 am

You're welcome - I'm glad to hear things are working properly now! :)
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests