HEM1 PC to PT3 Mac

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

HEM1 PC to PT3 Mac

Postby darkhorse » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:46 am

What is the best way to migrate my HEM1 database on my PC to PT3 on my Mac? Is it as simple as doing a backup on HEM and importing the file from PT3 on the Mac side? Or should I import it to PT3 on the PC and then create a PT3 backup and restore it to PT3 Mac?

I was originally a PT user on my PC, migrated my database to HEM years ago, but since there is no HEM for Mac I am moving back to PT, and of course awaiting release of PT4 for Mac. I never upgraded to HEM2.

If it matters, my "PC" is really from Parallels on the same Mac.

Thank you!
darkhorse
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: HEM1 PC to PT3 Mac

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:46 am

The easiest way is probably to do an export from HM and then import those files into PT3 using Manual Import.

If you have all of your original hand histories then you can just import from those instead.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: HEM1 PC to PT3 Mac

Postby darkhorse » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:10 pm

I did a manual export of all hands from HEM which resulted in one folder with nearly 1,000 files. I left the import to PT3 on the Mac side overnight. It's been 9 hours and it seems stuck at 307k hands. This is probably the amount of hands that I've played, but the progress bar is only at 33%. Should I stop it? I think I have my original hand history files as well, so I could try stopping it and import from the original files, and hopefully PT3 will be smart enough to recognize the already imported hands as dupes. Alternatively I could start a fresh database and import from the original hand history files.

More details:

Files Imported: 641 of 964
Time Elapsed: 9h
Time Remaining: 16h
Errors: 123

Import began: 6:30am
Last log item: 6:46am
darkhorse
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: HEM1 PC to PT3 Mac

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:13 pm

You could certainly stop it and run the import again either from the same files or the originals to make sure everything was imported - any hands already in your database will be skipped as duplicates.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests