Data Recovery

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Data Recovery

Postby newcomers » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:38 am

My laptops HDD has failed sd I have arranged to have the data recovdred. What do I need to have recovered for me to be able to restore my PT4 DB?

Thanks
newcomers
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: Data Recovery

Postby kraada » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:03 am

You'll need the PostgreSQL folder and, if you have custom HUD layouts, custom stats, or custom reports, you'll also want your PokerTracker folder in the %userprofile% area.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Data Recovery

Postby newcomers » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:05 pm

and how would I restore the database once I have the postgres folder?
newcomers
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: Data Recovery

Postby kraada » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Copy it to your new machine, then install PostgreSQL on that machine in the same folder as the data you just copied. Install PT4 and click Database --> Database Management --> New then Browse Databases and choose your database from the list then click on it and click OK and Connect.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Data Recovery

Postby newcomers » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:30 pm

so i copy c:\program files\Postgres\8.3\ and copy everything to the new machine to the exact same location BEOFRE I install postgres?
newcomers
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: Data Recovery

Postby newcomers » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:03 pm

OK I tried what you said and it installed ok. However I cant get Postgres service to start, it tries for a while and then stops.

If I delete the postgres folder and dont use my restored data (no postgres folder in Program files/0 and then install postgres from new, then postgres service will start

How can I get round this?
newcomers
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: Data Recovery

Postby newcomers » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:05 pm

also, the restored data used to be in Program files (x86) but is now going into just Program files.......would that make a difference?
newcomers
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: Data Recovery

Postby kraada » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Yes, copying that folder and then installing PostgreSQL should work. What error do you get when using the old folder and attempting to start the server? Or does it not manage to install at all?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Data Recovery

Postby newcomers » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:56 am

it installs fine with no errors but postgres isnt running.

When I try and start it manually, the command prompt box appears, and it says starting postgres, and it statys like that for a few minutes, then the command prompt window closes and postgres still isnt running.
newcomers
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: Data Recovery

Postby kraada » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:48 am

Click Start type Event Viewer and click on it when it appears. In the Applications area at the top left look for errors relating to PostgreSQL. If you find any click on them and let me know what error text you've gotten.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests