Restore deletes other DBs/stat columns

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Restore deletes other DBs/stat columns

Postby six4withafro » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:48 am

I've restored 2 dbs recently, my working db and my master db. I recently upgraded my postgres so I have a recent backup of my working db. The master backup is from 2 years ago (it's huge, haven't updated it in a while).

After I restored the master, when I open the Database Management window, it lists 2 older dbs that no longer exist but existed at the time I made that backup. My current working db is not listed. However, if I create a new db and "connect to an existing db," it's still there. (I did this.) However, my current stat columns are gone. The stat columns listed are the ones from my 2-year old master db. I haven't checked yet, but I suspect my HUD is now trashed as well, since I've added a lot of custom stats since the last time I was using the master db.

I am now about to restore my working db from the backup I made 2 days ago, and I suspect that once I'm done the master db I just restored will no longer be listed in the Database Management window.

What's going on here? The names of the dbs are very different, so nothing is being overwritten. Thanks.
six4withafro
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Re: Restore deletes other DBs/stat columns

Postby six4withafro » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:10 am

I restored my working db from the recent backup, making sure I unchecked "overwrite existing dbs." The window listed the size of the db to be restored as 0 MB, but I did the restore anyway, and when PT3 automatically restarted, my current stat columns returned. However,several dbs were listed in the DB Mgmt window that no longer exist, and my master was no longer listed. So I made a "new" db and "connected to an existing one, and now my master db is there.
six4withafro
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Re: Restore deletes other DBs/stat columns

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:19 am

It sounds like you included the setup files in your backups and if you restore the entire backup it will overwrite any files included in the backup (if you choose that option).
If you only want to restore a database from your backup then you should disable the other options when you restore.

Please read the Tutorial: Backup and Restore for more information on the different options available.

It sounds like you've got things back to the way that you want them now, though?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests