retrieving hands for review

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

retrieving hands for review

Postby damien28173 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:22 am

I have been using PT3 for a while now, and have on occasion marked hands that I wanted to go back to and look at.
I have been unable to locate said hands. I tried the FAQ guide, to making a report and whatnot, but I can't seem to find any of these hands. I dont write notes thru PT3 but rather on stars itself. and I'm not coming up with anything under notes filter. These hands Im referring to are not from any of my more recent sessions, but I still would like to see them.... I could use a retards level walkthru to finding all the marked hands in my database.

Also It should be noted that with such a frequently used function there should be a simple tab that says "Hands marked for review" since aside from the HUD it is probably the most useful part of PT3.

Thx
damien28173
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: retrieving hands for review

Postby kraada » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:12 am

Notes taken in the Stars software will not be visible in PT3 - the systems are completely separate.

What happens in your custom report when you try to look at the hands? Do you see more hands or not see any hands?

For the record, we've improved this portion of the software considerably for PT4 so this will not be an issue there.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: retrieving hands for review

Postby damien28173 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:43 pm

the guild i was following led me to believe that hands that i had marked for review were going to be listed in my report under the title xxx_hands but i was wrong... if someone could do a screenshot walk thru for retrieving hands marked for review (not noted players, but hands selected from the drop down circle on the tables)
damien28173
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: retrieving hands for review

Postby kraada » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Have you looked through this tutorial? There are several screenshots to help you build the report you need to see your marked hands.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: retrieving hands for review

Postby damien28173 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:20 am

I have, its very confusing, and doesnt give enough direction.

its pretty easy to make a guide, u just need to use >xxxx> xxx> instead of minor references to the page u start on and the tabs u should maybe click.
i think for a program that costs as much as it does the FAQ and guides should be far more complete.
damien28173
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: retrieving hands for review

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:01 am

If you let us know where you're stuck we'll gladly help you. Marking hands (and reviewing marked hands) has been made considerably more straightforward for PT4.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: retrieving hands for review

Postby damien28173 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:02 am

I mark a hand for review, then i open pt3 and don't know where to go from there. I know where the reports tab is, but id say thats exactally where Im stuck. looking at the stock results page.

also is there a minor purchase upgrade for 3 to 4, or do i gotta but the program new>
damien28173
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: retrieving hands for review

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:21 am

Any hands you marked for review will have a note icon next to them in the main reports, but there isn't a simple way to filter for hands like that. As I said, this will be much easier in PT4.
In PT3, you need to follow the tutorial Kraada linked you to to set up a custom report to filter for hands with notes.

If you bought PT3 since June 10, 2011 you will get the upgrade to PT4 for free - otherwise there will be a small upgrade fee. Pricing hasn't been announced yet, but I'm assured the upgrade fee will be very affordable.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests