Setting up second database?

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Setting up second database?

Postby snoopy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Hello, I am playing nl100 6 max. I recently purchased 5 million hand history files for nl200 and loaded them into my database to analyse. This has made poker tracker run very slowly. Is there anyway I can partition these 5 million hh files into a separate database so as to not impact on my computers performance?

Please provide the steps.

Thanks
snoopy
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Setting up second database?

Postby kraada » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:09 pm

Yes you can do this. Honestly what will be faster though is importing all of your played hands into the new database and make the old database your observed hands.

To create a new database, click Database --> Database Management --> New, call the database what you would like and click Create.

To change what database PT3 is using for the main PT3 window click Database --> Set Active Database and pick one of your databases. Whichever database is set Default on the Database Management window will be the one that starts as active.

Set the second database as active and use the manual import to import all of the hands into it.

Also: did you run a full housekeeping after importing all of those hands? If not you really should as that alone should speed things up significantly.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Setting up second database?

Postby Laur » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:30 am

Hi

I have about 3 mio. hands in my DB and it also runs slow. Are there anything to gain by making a new DB, or can I purghe a lot of the hands (I do not need the specific handshistory as long as I do not delete the stats on any players)

Best regards

Laur
Laur
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Setting up second database?

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:55 am

Purging hands will remove the stats as well as the hand history text. The HH text doesn't really affect performance as it is only referenced when you replay a hand or view the hand history detail. You can split your databases by date for example (see the Tutorial: Managing Multiple Databases) - the HUD can use stats from multiple databases but you can only use the tracker with one database at a time.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests